Why this name?
For those who might not know, the Evil Monkey is a Family Guy (TV series) character. I love Family Guy, and for many reasons that I won’t explain here, I have fun calling myself the evil monkey.
About this blog
This blog is an attempt at giving a hand to other developers (mostly Web and mobile) with code examples, Linux configuration hints, thoughts on algorithms and frameworks, etc. Almost every day other blogs help me in my personal and professional projects, and I feel I can contribute to this great community. I really hope this blog will help other developers on different levels.
I’m a French Canadian (from Quebec), computer engineer, who’s been working as a software (mainly Web applications) analyst/developer/programmer for several years now. I support open source projects as much as possible and contribute to them from time to time.
My experience (pro and personal)
- Software architecture (PHP, C#, Flex, C++), 4 years
- C# .NET MVC 4 and 5 websites and web applications, 2 years
- Laravel 5 (PHP framework, personal D&D website ADnD Downloads)
- Flex (4.5 and 4.6) tablet applications using Swiz and WebORB, 2 years
- Flex 3 and Flex 4 with Cairngorm, Mate and WebORB, 2 years
- Android native applications, a couple of months
- Object oriented PHP, 3 years
- CakePHP, 6 months
- Java, 2 years
- MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL, 4 years
- Website design, creation, and programming, 10+ years
- Mobile Web applications (jqTouch, Sencha), a couple of months
- Ubuntu Server as Web server (administration, configurations, etc.), 5 years
- Ubuntu as development environment and everyday OS, 7 years